No-shows or missed medical appointments have been a thorn in the side for many health professionals, all over the world for many years. A lot of research has been conducted into the problem and various solutions are being applied.
Think of all kinds of messages in the waiting room or a no-show fee. In several European countries, currently, there is a political discussion about legislation around no-show fees.
But what do we really know about no shows?
- How often does it occur?
- What causes no shows?
- What’s the impact of missed appointments: on patients, on healthcare providers and on the system?
- Strategies to reduce no shows: what works and what does not work?
- What trends do we see in tackling no shows?
Check out the presentation we made for you on this subject.
It is clear that avoiding and limiting medical appointments is a matter of ‘personalized health’: it’s about customizing health strategies and treatments to an individual’s unique health needs and goals. One size fits all solutions do not work (anymore) in a modern digital society.
What else can you do if you find this presentation interesting?
- If you are a healthcare professional, you can be part of our practitioners community and you can join the Mastermind group of dashplus
- Are you a company from the health ecosystem and do you want to collaborate with others? Then you can come to us for consulting. Contact us for a conversation.
- Are you looking for further inspiration? Then check our downloads & reports page