Since COVID, telehealth is used worldwide to deliver healthcare. It includes teleconsultations (digital consultations between any HCP and a patient), tele-expertise (between HCP) and telemedicine ( medical monitoring and follow up of patients).
Teleconsultations in particular have been booming since the start of the pandemic. Multiple health systems in Europe have expanded their framework and financing. Mainly GP’s and mental health therapists have been using this in their day-to-day practice.
How is telehealth financed? What rules do apply? What telehealth companies are offering their services to patients? Who are the frontrunners in Europe? What are the potential outcomes of telehealth?
In the last 2 years, I have been writing several blogs on telehealth. Our analysis of telehealth frameworks and usage in multiple European countries is now in one place:
- Finland is the ideal breeding ground for eHealth in Europe
- The moment of truth for telehealth after COVID in Belgium
- Proximus launches Doktr: a patient-centric telehealth app for all Belgians
- Belgium adopts covid19 reimbursement for teleconsultations by all kinds of health professionals now
- Covid19-vaccination can use telehealth
- Telehealth helps to tackle coronavirus worldwide
- 5 reasons why telehealth is effective to flatten the curve of the coronavirus
- France is at the forefront of telehealth in Europe
- Digital health law in Germany opens up a market of 73m users for digital therapeutics companies
- How France, Sweden and Germany lead by example in telehealth
- How is telehealth organised in Europe post-covid? 4 things you should know
Read 1 article or check them all out. If If you like them, feel free to share or join the dashplus community to receive more:
We believe telehealth is one of the solutions to the great pressure on the health care system. A pressure that, by the way, will not diminish once covid is gone. At the side of the user (the patient), the user experience of telehealth is becoming crucial: users expect the best service experience and simple accessibility. Telehealth offers a great opportunity for building better health literacy.
Check this page regularly, because new articles about Spain and Portugal will be added soon too.
Also, if you’re thinking about using telehealth too, you can join our 3 sessions on telehealth and telemedicine . Feel free to e-mail me your questions: