5 basics every health entrepreneur has to decide upon
When you want to start as health entrepreneur and you are on a mission to change healthcare, these are 5 steps you will definitely go through.
They are the basics of innovation and in fact of new entrepreneurship in general. But in health, the 5 fundamentals come with specific characteristics, legal frameworks and societal goals.
The 5 basics are:
- describe your mission and goals: why, how an what do you want to do? What is your goal?
- be aware of the health care system you’re working in: how to handle that?
- make a BMC: a business model canvas
- decide upon the ‘normal’ time you want to take to grow and what steps to take first
- decide upon your business model: how can you earn money with your mission?
Everyone who starts in health or wants to launch new products is going to meet them. I did too. I sometimes call these 5 ‘the entrepreneur’s journey’ (which is, by the way, also the title of a very good podcast by Yaro Starak).
You will have doubts and questions on these basics or even the cold sweat of it, and finally, you will have to decide what to do on these points.
But here’s the good news:
- every single entrepreneur in health struggles with these questions: you are not alone. It is normal to have doubts about these 5 basics- not having them is strange!
- you can grow on the experience of others: read the tips and tricks I share with you in our newsletter and feel supported by the experience of others
- if you follow these 5 steps, you will win a lot of time on your health innovation journey: you avoid making some mistakes or miss some information
- deciding on these 5 basics helps you to save money: by making these steps you won’t be spending a lot of money yet
I’ll be posting 5 new blogs on each of the basic steps you will encounter on your health entrepreneur journey. My goal is to guide you through each step and give you data, thoughts and examples so you feel supported in your choices. We’ll go on this journey together.
Do you want to follow the 5 basic-blogs? Stay tuned, join the dashplus newsletter community and you’ll find every article landing straight into your mailbox. It’s completely free and you won’t be stalked in between our bi-weekly newsletter.
Is your team starting a new project in health and do you want a swift introduction to all stages of health innovation (start, grow and scale up)? Based on the successful blog series ’31 days to innovation in health’ I have worked out a workshop especially for teams up till 10 people. You can find more information here.